Riding a motorcycle at night is much more difficult than riding during the day. One of the most difficult night riding obstacles to overcome on a motorcycle is the glare from oncoming traffic.
Here are some tips to keep you safe while night riding:
- Reduce your speed. With reduced visibility at night, it is recommended to ride slow.
- Do not look directly into the lights of the oncoming traffic as it can cause temporary blindness.
- Take the help of the road marking as a guide to your path.
- Increase distance from the vehicles ahead of you.
- Be visible by wearing bright reflective clothing.
- Use the high beam when there is no traffic.
- Ensure that your backlight is functional.