Brakes are the single most important safety feature of your motorcycle. Although we all know this, sometimes we can let things slip. To help protect the safety of you and your loved ones, master these braking tips
- First, decelerate completely.
- Secondly, apply both brakes together and then gradually increase the force.
- Third, when you come to a halt, place your left foot firmly on the ground.
- If you only use the rear brakes the braking distance increases substantially.
- Applying only the front brake can cause the front wheel to lock and the two-wheeler to flip over.
- Double riding increases the braking distance. The added weight at the back makes it essential to apply the rear brakes more firmly.
- The pillion rider should always wear a helmet, sit astride, hold the rider firmly around the waist and grip the rider’s hips with the knees.